Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Waiting for my ship...

Things not to do:

You should probably not be a student in a foreign country unless you are absolutely sure of the facilities and faculties of those in charge. As it stands, I spend half my time either waiting for instruction or facilities, like a computer, or a printer, or some other piece of frustrating, unreliable technology.

I know I'm not the only one. As I'm writing I'm watching my instructor hurry around the room trying to help six different people at once while also trying to clean the only good ink roller, and explaining over and over again how to make solar and lithography plates. He didn't know what he was getting into, signing up for this, and neither did I.

I'd try to come up with someone to blame, but around here if something goes wrong or is inconvenient the general consensus is that it's supposed to be that way.

It's supposed to be that way.

...

Respectful to toward all who prescribe to some sort of organized religion, I am one who leaves very little up to fate. Death sure, even love when it hurts is better left in the capable hands of time. But school supplies?? Fuck no.

Other than that, and a small bout of insecurity driven depression, this has been one of the most provoking experiences I have ever had. Not only am I in another country, sampling all the goodness my meager pocket can manage, I am on the cusp of a new phase in my life. The time I've had here perusing the architecture and eating gelato has given me the opportunity to sort out some very important guidelines that should pull me through the next year or so. At least, that is the hope.

In any case,

Here's to it and to it again. If you don't get to it when you come to it, then you won't get to it. So here's to it, and to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment