Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FLORENTINIAN STREET ART

I promised myself I'd get better at this. Good thing I'm more patient than I am active, I guess.

Here I am in lovely Firenze, Italy, spending the month of July (Luglio) getting fat and taking an art class. I'm determined to make the most of it. Somehow I ended up in a photo printmaking class, when I know nothing about printmaking. I can do photo fine, but the facilities here are kind of hard to access and get around and well, I'm just not a printmaker, not in this sense.

Anyway, I'm playing with this printmaking stuff. It's ok on the surface, I just lack the finesse and I can tell the instructor is getting as frustrated with me as I am with this class. I intend to make some darkroom prints, tracing certain elements of those images onto polyplates and making collages. Sounds rad, but so did the last idea I had and that might as well be at the bottom of the River Arno.

Current score is: Printmaking 3, Me 0

Upside of it all is that I'm taking way more pictures and that always makes me happy, even if I can't use them. This city is full of art. Every kind of art. Check this out:



This kind of thing is illegal where I come from (for some reason). Sorry for the blur, one day I'll either be a better or artist, or start selling insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment